Microsoft has unveiled a new update rollup 8.0.11030.0 for the Microsoft Monitoring Agent (MMA) that has fixed issues in the previous version of MMA. The fixes in this version includes below.
- Improved logging for HTTP connection issues
- Fix for high CPU utilization when you’re reading a Windows event that has an invalid message description
- Support for Azure US Government cloud
How to get update rollup version 8.0.11030.0 for Microsoft Monitoring Agent (KB3206063)?
This package is available as a manual download in the Microsoft Update Catalog. You can search for Microsoft Monitoring Agent and list down the available updates will appear in the search results.
I have recently authored a whitepaper titled “Born in the Cloud: Monitoring Linux workloads with OMS” published by Savision. This whitepaper focuses on Linux workload monitoring capabilities of Microsoft OMS born-in-the-cloud management suite which is capable of managing and protecting heterogeneous on-premises, cloud and hybrid data centers.
Following are the key areas of discussion in my whitepaper.
- What Microsoft Operations Management Suite is and how it can simplify data center management.
- Leveraging OMS Log Analytics to analyze, predict and protect your Linux workloads.
- Integrating System Center Operations Manager with OMS for extended monitoring.
- Harnessing the power of Business Service Monitoring of Savision Live Maps Unity in Microsoft OMS.
You can download this FREE whitepaper from here.
Savision is the market leader in business service and cloud management solutions for Microsoft System Center. Savision’s monitoring and visualizing capabilities bridge the gap between IT and business by transforming IT data into predictive, actionable and relevant information about the entire cloud and datacenter infrastructure. You can visit www.savision.com for more information about their product portfolio.