Microsoft has recently announced a preview for protecting Azure IaaS VMs with ASR. Now you can protect Azure VMs running Windows Server 2016 . Also ASR now supports protecting Azure IaaS VMs with Storage Spaces. Storage Spaces allow you to improve IO performance by striping disks and to create logical disks larger than 4 TB.
Following is a list of all supported OS versions that can be protected using ASR.
- Windows Server 2016 (Server Core and Server with Desktop Experience)
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and above
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7, 6.8, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3
- CentOS 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3
- Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 LTS Server (only supported kernel versions)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.4, 6.5 running either the Red Hat compatible kernel or Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 (UEK3)